Thursday, March 4, 2010

4 March 2010 - 6.11pm

Once upon a time, I was still a student in high school. And now I am a teacher. LoL... I simply love the phrase "once upon a time". ;)

This is the third month in school as a different character. Never did I know I will be a teacher. I had always enjoyed teaching others but I have never considered teaching. As a matter of fact, I do enjoy teaching after all. I am not sure if this is my passion or is it I enjoyed being with the students. I never had this kind of experience before. I mean student-teacher hanging out together, playing badminton and of course serious classes. It was this cute teacher who told me that we can interact with them this way. Be friends with the students will actually pull the student-teacher gap closer and they will benefit from it. I soon understand that the students have more courage to ask questions than before. I believe students have the kind of thought "Teachers are fierce and they will think we are dumb if we ask questions". I used to have this kind of thoughts last time, especially if the teacher is really really fierce.

This is the First Assessment week in SMJK San Min. The Form 5 had their English test yesterday. Though not all of them passed the paper, I am still glad they made improvements in their marks. And the total students who passed the exam also increased 3 folds. This is the greatest satisfaction for me. English has always been a "monstrous" subject in these classes. Perhaps it is because of their Chinese School background. I put in my effort for them and they showed their effort too. Some told me, "Teacher, this is the first time I pass my English test since Form 1", "Teacher, this is the first time I wrote so much in my English paper" and "Teacher, thanks for teaching us". All this really touches me... It really does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment